Today is Good Friday... and, well, I'm really not religious. So to me, today is the first day, of the next eleven, that I have off work! And, I'm planning on a busy week-and-a-bit.
Today I'm designing some new cards for my latest stockist
Pour Mes Amis (which means 'for my friends'), and I'll be attempting to make a
Carrot, Almond and Orange cake for tonight's dessert. The cake will be following on from a seafood dinner I've been invited to, with a couple of my old school friends and some poor unsuspecting people that I haven't yet met! I'm hoping it works first try because, being Good Friday, I have no access to a supermarket for replacement ingredients. If not, it'll be Magnum ice creams for all, from the local service station!
My attempt at baking this should be interesting, because I'm not particularly well known for being able to follow a recipe... however, I am
notorious for leaving out the
key ingredients! For example, in the past, I have left the ginger out of my gingerbread (so it was effectively 'All-Spice-bread'... yuck!); cabbage out of my chow mein; and, more recently, I neglected to turn the rice cooker on for my Fried Rice! There's nothing quite like feeling absolutely famished, with all your fried components ready to go, then opening your rice cooker up to find raw rice bathing in water!
So, that's my day planned. Wish me luck!