me + baking = ?


Success! But only after some recipe adjustments...

Once I had my batter made, I tasted it and found it was really quite bland. I didn't have anymore oranges to zest, so I succumbed and added a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and half a teaspoon of almond essence.

I'm really impatient, so I rarely cook whole cakes. I like to divide them up into muffin cases because they cook quicker... and it's also good for portion control! I managed to portion the batter in 12, then true to form, I put my little wet cakes in the oven... without the almonds on top. Sigh. So, out they came after only 2 minutes, so I could add the almonds.

Once cooked, I had another taste and found they were still bland!! So, after Jason kindly got me some more oranges, I made a basic orange flavoured sugar syrup. Delish!
Ingredients, processing, cooking, cooling
I remembered to take picci's of (most of) the baking process (which was delayed for about half an hour while I fought with the food processor), however I completely forgot to take a photo of the cakes plated up to serve!! Hopefully Jess will remember when she indulges in the remaining two cakes. (Note to Jess!)
Recipe adjustments
I'll definitely make the 'adjusted' cakes again, because they're really easy, look and taste yummy! The 8 of us cleaned our plates!