Exciting times!

Last night I was excited to receive an invitation from Indi, from {KID} Independent, to participate in a charity auction that will be happening in March 2012.

It's so lovely to be making products that are good enough to be considered - and requested - for inclusion in charitable auctions. And to be approached! That's what makes it even more wonderful. I figure, the aimof the organisers is to raise as much $pondula as possible when auctioning off an item... so they're only going to choose quality products that they feel will generate the most interest and money for the cause. So in realising this... I am very honoured to have been invited and included! And what a great opportunity for me at the same time. Lots of positive exposure for koo-ki-nuts :)

The auction will run from 18 March - 25 March 2012 and it will be hosted through Facebook. The auction will be publicised widely, including a feature editorial coming up in the Autumn issue of My Child magazine, and through other major sponsors such as My Child, Bubhub, Style Collective and  KID independent.

100% of the profits raised from the auction will be going towards providing urgent nutrition to 160 children at the Bonga Feeding Centre in Ethiopia (via World Families Australia). Everything is donated! From web design and graphic art to the goodies up for auction.

I even have my own little koo-ki-nuts sponsor profile! All the sponsors have a profile, and it's great to see so many people involved! There's just so much talent out there in the handmade community. Check out the Cuddle Craft Collective website for yourself to see how professional crafting really can be!

And, what did I donate??? Well, since {KID} Independent had previously featured my little spotted bunn-ee (who has since been adopted) in their Gifty Goodness... Tantalising TOYS! post around Christmas, I thought it was only fitting that I donated another bunn-ee. (Indi has declared her love for them after all!)
The koo-ki-nuts stuffed animal rabbit donated to the Cuddle Craft Collective charity auction
koo-ki-nuts bandit Bunn-ee donation


Who is Cuddle Craft Collective?

Cuddle Craft Collective is a group of socially conscious and community minded souls who have joined together to make a difference to the lives of children and families in need. We will be running a series of auctions to raise much need funds for charities and community projects. 100% off all profits raised from these auctions are donated to our campaign projects.

For our first project in 2012, Cuddle Craft Collective has teamed up with World Families Australia to raise much needed funds to support the children's Feeding Centre in Bonga, Ethiopia.

An online auction will be held from 18 - 25 March, 2012 during which time visitors will have the chance to bid on a range of limited edition, OOAK and exclusive designer products that have been lovingly crafted by Australian and International artisans.



I'd love you to check out the other sponsors contributing to this cause!




EDIT: Winners can be found here.