All systems are go

Well, after weeks of preparation and 'an undisclosed amount' of $4 Sauvignon Blanc from Aldi (don't judge - it's actually not bad!) along with many, many (too many) deliciously dark Lindt balls (thanks to Amanda), I think I'm ready for the Wagga Muddi boutique market! Yay!

My friends and family have been so supportive, helpful... and patient. From accepting my neglectful friendship, and feeding me wine and chocolates; to the more physical labour of peeling paper from my tiny laser cut earrings (and putting up with the smell of burnt wood) in the back seat of a car on the way to Melbourne; to creating cross stitch charts, picking colours and not to mention the actual cross stitching; to  my dad knocking up a really cool painters ladder shelf to display my ZOOFARM collection of softies. It's all been ah-may-zing! xx
Painters ladder shelf with koo-ki-nuts softies
The painters ladder shelf 'that dad built'
A lot of the koo-ki-nuts goodies that will be available at the Muddi market have never actually been released for sale before. This means I've spent a lot of my preparation time designing and creating packaging. But now that it's done... it's done. And allI need to do is re-print as needed. I'm sure I'll continue to make improvements, but I'm pretty happy with what I've done so far. It's simple.
Laser cut wooden brooches
Original koo-ki-nuts designed laser cut wood brooches, all packaged
on kraft card featuring a koo-ki-nuts tree print
Yesterday I finally got to do a mock up of my little market 'shop'. It took quite a bit of rearranging and stepping back to admire/critique my collection of different bits and pieces, but I think I've managed to make it look inviting and interesting. I've kept the table and display 'furniture' simple and natural, in an attempt to balance out and promote the brightness of my goodies. I've simply covered the tables with hessian, and there's a lot of bamboo objects to prop things up... including steamer baskets to hold my baby nuts (rattles)! I can't wait to take picci's of my little shop all set up and ready to go on market day. Until then... you'll have to make do with just a little peek!
A section of the koo-ki-nuts stall
Sneak peek of my market shop
I'm excited and nervous at the same time, about the market! I'm excited to see people's faces as they look at my creations but, at the same time, this is also what I'm nervous about. The judgement. :) But, I will cope.

I hope to see those of you who can make the trip!!